The 2008 presidential elections are really heating up! Here it is 15 months from Election Day and many of us are already thinking about primaries, candidates, issues, platforms and what promises to be a VERY interesting election year!
To mark the occasion we’re introducing two new products geared specifically for politics – Yard Signs and 3.5″ Buttons!
Wouldn’t you love to see your political designs pop up on lawns all over the country? Or the world for that matter! We see yard signs all over, but this new product puts the power of political expression into the hands of our Shopkeepers and the eyes of the world!
They’re scheduled to launch on October 10th, but if you want to get started on designs the following specs may be helpful:
- Image size: 21″ x 14″ (150 – 300 dpi, 200 recommended)
- Double Sided: submit a single image it will be printed on both sides of the sign
- Product size: 22″ x 15″
- Frame: ships with collapsible U frame stand that measures 21″ x 33″
- Base price: $14.99
- Material: Printed on flexible 10 oz outdoor sign vinyl
- Weather resistant for up to 2 years
- Heat Sealed Edges
- Double sided
We also see other cool possibilities for these – like Halloween, Christmas, Troop Support, Parties, etc. The possibilities are endless!
Vote for ____!
Just fill in the blank – buttons are an election essential so why not add another size? The BIGGER the better; introducing the 3.5″ button!
These are also planned for an October 10 launch, but it’s never too soon to get started with designs!
Here are the specs:
- Image size: 3.5″ x 3.5″, full bleed 4.66″ x 4.66″ (150 – 300 dpi, 200 recommended)
- Product Size: 3.5″ diameter round button
- Base price: Single – $2.49; 10 pack – $19.99; 100 pack – $139.99
- Metal shell
- Mylar/UV protecting cover
- Pinned metal back
And a few more changes worth noting
New Book Paper
Due to overwhelming Shopkeeper requests perfect bound books are going to be switched from cream (off-white) to white paper.
Product Name Updates
- Keepsake Box – We’re going to be switching the name of the “Tile Box” to “Keepsake Box.” Important Note – Product names are limited to 50 characters, and in some instances the name change to “Keepsake Box” will cause names to exceed that limit. In these instances we will not make name changes, and the product name will retain the name “tile box.” Of course Shopkeepers are able to manually make changes to their product names as needed.
- Ornament – There are a few navigational menu locations within CafePress that refer to the round and the oval Ornament as “Keepsakes.” To maintain naming consistency and to drive traffic to the right products we will be renaming these locations as “Ornament.”
Are there any other products that match the aspect ratio of the new Yard Sign?
Yes! The Mini Poster at full bleed (12″ x 18″) has the same aspect ratio as the Yard Sign. Other existing products that have similar aspect ratios are the Postcard, the Small Poster, Large Poster, Rectangular Sticker, and Oval Sticker.
Is the Yard Sign double-sided?
Yes, the Yard Sign is double-sided. Shopkeepers will assign one design and it will be printed on both sides. The printing method for this product allows us to print on both sides of the sign in a single step. A second-side print surcharge to the base price is not required.
Will my 2.25″ button images work on the new 3.5″ button?
Yes! Your images for the 2.25″ button will directly transfer over to the new 3.5″ button as long as they are larger than 690 x 690 pixels. The full bleed aspect ratios match exactly, making it easy for you to create new 3.5″ buttons.
Will this product be automatically added to my store?
No, you must add the 3.5″ button to your store manually.
What is a keepsake box, and what happened to the Tile Box?
Earlier in the year we upgraded the Tile Box and we are now changing the name to “Keepsake Box” to better reflect the product quality. We will update all product names that contain the name “Tile Box” to the name “Keepsake Box”. For instance, if you have a product named “Little Pugs Tile Box” it will now be named “Little Pugs Keepsake Box”
Are there any exceptions to this name change?
Yes, if your current Tile Box name contains more than 46 characters it will NOT be updated to Keepsake Box automatically.
What happened to off-white paper for Perfect Bound books?
We will update the paper color in perfect bound books from off-white (cream) to white. This was a request from many shopkeepers, and more in line with a standard book. We will automatically start printing perfect bound books on white paper, there is no action required on your part for this change to take effect.
What about other binding types like Saddle Stitched or Wire-o?
Saddle Stitched and Wire-o books will continue to be printed on white paper.